Saturday, May 31, 2008

Post about Technology.....twitter

Recently my son-in-law was in China when the earthquake happened. I was up very early and heard about it & I didn't want my daughter to wake up and get scared. So I researched on the web exactly what happened. Thats when I really saw the value of "twitter". People in China close to the scene were sending twitter posts about what was going on as it was happening!!!! This was incredible to know details about China's earthquake INSTANTLY!



Ok...What else do I have to say about the use of technology to Connect People and Build Community.

I see enormous opportunities for libraries and that is to serve those that are homebound such a disabled or those that are homebound due to transportation issues (due to our counties poor transportation system)

No comments: